According to Department of Telecommunication, it is compulsory to link Aadhar Card Number with Mobile Number to continue services. The Indian government has taken this step to stop fake sim cards and adding extra security. So, it is mandatory to link Aadhar card with Mobile number to enjoy the services. As per government new rule, you have to link Aadhar card to Mobile number (Idea, Vodafone, BSNL, Airtel, Reliance, Telenor, Docomo) before 6th February 2018.
If you do not want to discontinue your sim services then you have to verify your Aadhar card details with Mobile number as soon as possible. Here we will share a complete KYC process to verify sim card. Not only mobile number, but the Govt. of India has also made it compulsory to link Aadhar card with Bank account.
Reliance Jio users have already done their Biometric verification at the time of purchase of new sim card so they do not have to worry about this process. But other sim card operators including Idea, Vodafone, BSNL, Telenor, Airtel, Docomo users who are using old sim cards have to go to their nearest retailer shop to verify Aadhar Card with Sim card.
You might be getting SMS regarding to add Aadhar card to Mobile Number to continue further services. The message is in the format given below.
That means, it is necessary to verify your Aadhar Card number with Sim card otherwise your sim services will shut down. So, here we are going to share the complete guide to link your Aadhar Card with Mobile Number.
How to Link Aadhar Card With Mobile Number Easily
Linking Aadhar card process is not complicated as it seems. You have to visit your Operator store or any Retailer shop & ask for sim verification. The retailer or executive will do it instantly in less than 5 minutes.
Documents Required to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number
- Aadhar Card Number
- Active sim card to receive OTP.
You have to carry these things before visiting the Retailer shop. Now follow the given below procedure to link Aadhar card to Mobile Number easily.
- Go to your Nearest Operator Store or any Retailer Shop.
- Ask them for Aadhar Card sim Verification.
- Give them your Mobile phone number and Aadhar Card Number.
- You will receive an OTP to your given number. Submit that to Retailer.
- Now executive will ask you for fingerprint scanning on the Biometric machine.
- Within next 24 hours, you will receive confirmation Sms for final verification of Aadhar card.
- Reply that Sms with “Y”.
- Verification is completed. You successfully linked your Sim Card with Aadhar Card Number.
How to Check if Your Sim Card is Linked with Aadhar Card or Not?
Are you confused whether you have verified your mobile number with Aadhar number or not? Here is the solution for this. Before visiting to nearest retailer shop, you can easily check if your sim card is verified with aadhar card or not.
- Call to customer care on 198 & ask them if your Aadhar card is lined or not. If not, then visit your nearest retailer shop.
- Check out your SMS box regularly. If your Aadhar card is not verified then your operator might have sent SMS in a regular period of time.
Vodafone Users Can Check: How to Link Aadhar Card With Vodafone Mobile Number
How to Link Aadhar Card Number with Mobile No. Online?
Currently, there is no online process for linking of Aadhar card. You only have to verify it with the above given offline process. Please do not submit your documents on any website other your documents can be misused.
Note: Linking Aadhar Card to any mobile number is totally free of cost. If any retailer is asking for money to verify Aadhar card, please complain to customer care.
This is the only method to link Aadhar card with Mobile number. If you have any problem or question regarding this, please comment below.